Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Guamified Christmas!

Well I love to brag that I tend to be healthy as a horse but of course that only comes back to bite me in the bootie. And boy did it ever! Christmas outdid me this year as I've been down for the count the past four days with the flu. Fortunately it came after the holiday and not before!

We had a nice Christmas here in Guam. It was my first away from home but I'd say being surrounded by so many friends helped tremendously. So did cooking for 20. I took on my dad's Italian Christmas tradition and along with my fabulous husband, we cooked shrimp linguine for our friends on Christmas day. So delicious and easy to make!


 LCG Christmas Eve Service: Christmas at the Caves, complete with a manger scene! Although I wasn't aware there were carabao back in the day...

(yep that does say Bud Light Ct...OOG)


Dinner at the Chance Villa...Buon Natale!

 Given the strange angles of my house, I did my very best to get everyone in this picture:


We had tiramisu, cookies and pecan pie for dessert!



The kiddos!


We went diving with our friends the Fishers and Phillips' the day after Christmas. We dove a couple of great locations on Guam, everyone says they found a cool octopus. I did not. So either they're pulling my leg or the darn octo climbed back into his hole before I could swim over.




Overall, a great Christmas! We pack out in two weeks but not without a trip to Palau. More on that to come!

4 comments:

  1. looks like you had a fantastic italian christmas!! what a fabulous hostess you are. i love your blog header by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how clear those dive pics are... gorgeous! Can't wait to see the Palau ones :)

    ReplyDelete